Three Things I’m Grateful For:
- Sleep: I finally got some sleep. Woo! I needed it. I probably need more. But still.
- An Understanding Wife: My wife is pretty understanding and gives me space. I needed it. That’s how I got my sleep.
- My Curiosity: I was just thinking today about how many different topics I’m interested in. I don’t know if that’s really all that unique, but I’m thankful for it all the same.
Three Things That Would Make Today Great
- Getting Paid for the Project I’m Working On: Still haven’t gotten paid. Grrrrr.
- Having the Guy I’m Working With Show Some Understanding On the Limitations of Our Project: Got so busy I didn’t get to have that conversation again for the last couple of days. I really need to have it.
- Hit Maximum Recharge: I got good sleep, and I’m feeling a bit recharged. But I need more. Hopefully I will get there by the end of the night.
How Well Did You Sleep Last Night
- Extremely well. I got around 10 hours. 14, if you count the extra sleep I got after the hour and a half of being awake in between. That’s a lot. But realize I had been getting around 2 hours of sleep for the last two weeks.
What Is One Thing You Want To Accomplish Today
- I really want to get fully recharged and ready to go 100% at work tomorrow. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to do that.
What Is On your Mind Right Now?
- I’m still nervous about not getting paid and the work and where it’s at on the project I’m working on. It’s getting more front-and-center with each passing day.
3 to 5 things Making You Most Uncomfortable
The discussion with the business owner.
This is a big deal as it’s now the most obvious thing out there about my work and on everyone’s mind. Deadlines loom and he can be either understanding or enraged that things are not moving as fast as he’d like. I feel like I’ve not done as well as I could have, though I was up against some pretty big obstacles. So, I’m very nervous about it.
- If this was the thing that got handled today, it would depend on how it turned out. If the enraging attitude sprang forth, it would make the day horrible. If an attitude of understanding was expressed, the day would be quite satisfying.
- Moving this forward would make everything else a bit clearer at least in how they were going to unfold and so, a bit more manageable.
Not getting paid yet for my work is a bit uncomfortable.
It’s in the ether as something that needs to be handled, but I feel it is the pressure on all parties due to a high level of uncertainty about a number of factors. I hope it turns out well.
- If this was the only thing I accomplished today, it would be a great and satisfying day. Obviously money is great and all, but it’s also just something that hasn’t been dealt with that is causing tension that would be off the plate.
- Moving this forward would make pretty much only this one thing better.
I’ve got a certain bill coming up that is large that I’ve been putting it off.
This will be handled within 3 days.
- If this was the only thing dealt with today, it would be great in that one area, but I feel the other problems would still be looming and so are a bit more important.
- Moving this forward would only improve this one thing.
Wanting to explore other topics:
Maybe topics is the wrong phrase. With my job I want to explore other technologies.